We have trained numerous ecologists, land managers, architects and planners from a wide variety of organisations to help them to carry out their duties more effectively, saving time, money and queries from their clients. Our bespoke training workshops range from half-day to three-day dedicated courses for anyone who encounters ecological issues. We frequently conduct in-house training sessions to ensure our presentations are always up-to-date.
Ecological planning for clients
It is extremely helpful for clients to understand the basics of nature conservation legislation and the processes involved when dealing with protected species in the planning system. Consequently, we have developed specialist training programs designed to equip all planning professionals with the knowledge of how to deal proactively with ecology and what information is needed to support their planning application (or boost BREEAM/ CSH ratings). Such training is particularly valuable for architects and planning agents, plus these hours help maintain a varied CPD programme for their staff.
Advanced identification workshops
We also offer advanced ID training to conservation charities, organisations and institutions. Our Principal Ecologist, John Poland, has delivered high-quality workshops to the following partners, with botanical masterclasses in particularly high demand:
- Natural England (Farm Environment Plan and grassland ID & management)
- Countryside Council for Wales (advanced plant ID)
- Hampshire Biodiversity Information Centre (great crested newt survey & mitigation)
- Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (aquatic and terrestrial plant ID)
- University of Birmingham (advanced botany and plant ID)
- Sparsholt College (advanced botany and plant ID)
- Hampshire & IoW Wildlife Trust (aquatic & invasive plant ID and grassland ID & management)
- Field Studies Council (advanced botany)
- University of Southampton (protected species training)
If you feel your company or organisation would benefit from specific ecological training, please contact us to discuss your requirements.